Banfi Chianti Superiore DOCG 2018 750mL
- Varietal 75% Sangiovese, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, Canaiolo Nero
- Tech Info
- Region Tuscany
- Vineyards Tuscan hills of the delimited Chianti D.O.C.G. zone. The soil is calcareous, with a mixture of sand and clay.
- Winemaking Maceration with the skins for 8 days in temperature-controlled stainless steel, followed by pressing and fermentation. The wine then undergoes malolactic fermentation and is then aged for 4 to 5 months in barriques followed by extended bottle aging. The “Superiore” designation signifies stricter government regulations regarding production and aging requirements than Chianti.
- Tasting Notes Color: Intense ruby red. Bouquet: Fruit-forward aromas with some floral notes. Taste: Round with well balanced acidity and fruit.
- Food Pairing Ideal with red-sauced pastas, roasted or grilled meats, and aged cheeses.