Chateau Ste. Michelle Dry Riesling Columbia Valley 2020 750mL
COLUMBIA VALLEY 2020 Dry Riesling
• Slightly warmer than average winter temperatures proceeding the 2020 growing season
resulted in little to no vine damage with normal bud break.
• Warm spring temperatures created excellent conditions for canopy growth and early fruit
• A mild summer with very few periods of excessive heat and cooler fall temperatures
created ideal conditions for developing beautiful fruit flavors and aromas.
• Columbia Valley vineyards lie in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains and receive
just 6-8 inches of rainfall annually.
• Warm, sunny days and cool evening temperatures create ideal conditions for intense
aroma and flavor development in the ripening grapes.
• Sandy soils with low fertility and low water-holding capacity enable precise control of
• Our winemaker chooses select lots of Riesling to create this elegant, dry style of Riesling,
while maintaining beautiful fruit character.
• A cool fermentation in stainless steel tanks preserves the freshness and bright fruit
qualities of this wine.
• We feature the “Riesling Taste Profile” scale on the back label to demonstrate that this
Riesling is made in a “medium-dry” style.
"Sourced from select vineyard parcels, the citrus notes and bright natural acidity in this Dry Riesling pair especially well with mild cheese, seasonal salads and fresh seafood." - David Rosenthal, Winemaker